Driver - Hopkins ElderPlus
Requisition #: 184245
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Full Time/ 40 hrs./week, Day Shift
Weekends Not Required
Provides specialized through-the-door transportation for adult day care participants who may be mentally or physically impaired. Adheres to safely procedures for passengers and vehicle; documents usage and vehicle condition; follows proper vehicle maintenance procedures; conforms with JHBMC policies; provides coverage for other driver(s) as needed. Is responsible for transporting patient(s) to and from JHBMC campus (or other site as assigned). Documents patient s transported and assists in planning daily van routes for patient pick-up and drop-off. Maintains the van in good condition.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work requires a high school level of educational development and two years of previous experience.
- 1 year of experience working with the elderly/frail population preferred
- Must hold the First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Valid Maryland Driver’s License with no more than 2 points is required upon hire or transfer, verified by a certified copy of driving record. After employment, no more than 3 points allowed.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain Medical Center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors, and/or Medical Center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
- Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Work requires working in an area that is somewhat uncomfortable due to drafts, noise, temperature variation or the like.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.