Education Specialist/ Credentialed Trainer - NICU
Requisition #: 367465
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 12, 2021
Responsible for the development and implementation of clinical education, patient safety, and assessment activities within the Department of Clinical Education. Serves as an educator and facilitator/ instructor for clinical education related activities at the unit level. Acts as a liaison from Clinical Education to assist front line clinician content specialists in the design and implementation of educational curricula, patient safety, and assessment activities. Credentialed trainers use the curriculum, lessons, and training materials created by the Instructional Designers to conduct EPIC training for end users. Credentialed Trainers work collaboratively with other members of the project and training team to assist in developing and maintaining the training program.
Job hours: Full time, Days
Job location: St. Petersburg, Florida
1. Creates best practice, data-driven educational and/or simulation-based curriculum which guides the growth, professional practice and competence of the healthcare team members.
2. Partners with clinical specialists by providing educational and/or simulation expertise to create and implement educational, assessment and patient safety activities.
3. Facilitates learning evidence-based education design and implementation to close knowledge and practice gaps. Implements evaluation methods to measure and report outcomes.
4. Collaborates with primary investigators and/or leads educational-based research, including involvement in research design and coordination of technical support.
5. Partners with Clinical Education colleagues to ensure educational materials are current, relevant and focus on best practices in the related fields.
6. Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging educational and/or simulation technologies, including basic theory, design implementation, and assessment of healthcare training.
7. Participates in healthcare education and/or technology training to maintain proficiency in related areas of Clinical Education or Healthcare Simulation.
8. As a Credentialed Trainer:
a. Identifies initial and ongoing training needs of end users using a variety of teaching strategies and principles of adult learning.
b. Effectively and consistently communicates with all members of the training teams and clinical operations customers.
c. Provides coaching to new credentialed training staff and assists with program development.
d. Adapts content and training plans to JHACH workflow and processes.
e. Integrates continual performance improvement into the structure and processes of the training program for assigned application(s).
f. Works cooperatively with other training team members across all entities.
g. Aligns all training activities with organizational performance improvement goals.
h. Assists instructional designers with curriculum development and testing as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
RN Education Specialist
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
• Current State of Florida RN license required.
• 3 years pediatric clinical or educational experience.
• Formal training in educational theory, instructional design, or teaching strategies preferred.
• Previous clinical, research, patient safety, and/or teaching experience preferred.
• Experience in designing and implementing educational programs preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.