Education Specialist Emergency Center Full Time
Requisition #: 192344
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Responsible for the development and implementation of clinical education, patient safety, and assessment activities within the Department of Clinical Education or the Simulation Center. Serves as an educator and facilitator/instructor for clinical education related activities at the unit level or simulation-based activities. Acts as a liaison from Clinical Education or the Center for Medical Simulation and Innovative Education to assist front line clinician content specialists in the design and implementation of educational curricula, patient safety, and assessment activities.
1. Creates best practice, data-driven educational and/or simulation-based curriculum which guides the growth, professional practice and competence of the healthcare team members.
2. Partners with clinical specialists by providing educational and/or simulation expertise to create and implement educational, assessment and patient safety activities.
3. Facilitates learning evidence-based education design and implementation to close knowledge and practice gaps. Implements evaluation methods to measure and report outcomes.
4. Collaborates with primary investigators and/or leads educational-based research, including involvement in research design and coordination of technical support.
5. Partners with Clinical Education and/or the Center for Medical Simulation and Innovation colleagues to ensure educational materials are current, relevant and focus on best practices in the related fields.
6. Maintains proficiency in existing and emerging educational and/or simulation technologies, including basic theory, design implementation, and assessment of healthcare training.
7. Participates in healthcare education and/or technology training to maintain proficiency in related areas of Clinical Education or Healthcare Simulation.
RN Education Specialist
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
• Current State of Florida RN license required.
• 3 years pediatric clinical or educational experience.
• Formal training in educational theory, instructional design, or teaching strategies preferred.
• Previous clinical, research, patient safety, and/or teaching experience preferred.
• Experience in designing and implementing educational programs preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.