EEG Technologist (Per Diem)
Requisition #: 187704
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 31, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (EEG Technician – Registered) performs neurodiagnostic procedures according to the American Society of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists guidelines. The position can perform test set up, electrode application, and maintain patient safety during clinically significant events and other related duties. Provides findings, results and a descriptive analysis according to the facility policy and procedures. Strong well developed communication skills are essential for this position.
- Performs quality recordings by collecting pertinent patient history information, properly preparing the patient using age specific criteria, conducting the examination, and preparing the recording for physician interpretation.
- Recognizes basic and intermediate EEG patterns, and understands contraindications for activation procedures following established policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleaning/disinfection of equipment, supplies, and electrodes, to provide safe patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of digital equipment, electrical safety and alternate equipment settings and their effects to provide a safe patient care environment.
- Utilizes professional communication skills with other staff, technical supervisor and ordering physician to relay clinical information accurately.
- Follows the JHACH culture statement in all interactions with patients, families and co-workers to promote service excellence.
- Actively participates in conferences, meetings and other education events to expand knowledge of neurodiagnostic testing and maintain continuing education requirements.
- BLS Certification
- Registered EEG Technologist OR
- Is registry eligible according to ABRET Guidelines. Registry to be received within one year.
- Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university is preferred OR
- Graduate of an accredited Electroneurodiagnostic program.
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Portable exposure to communicable disease is minimal using reasonable and approved precautions set forth by hospital policy.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.