EMT Transport Tech- Lifeline Transport Team
Requisition #: 226225
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 22, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital Lifeline Transport Team is an integral part of The Department of Emergency Services. The Department of Emergency Services is a designated Level 1 Adult Trauma Center, regional Pediatric Trauma Center, Eye Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Cardiac Center for the state of Maryland. The Lifeline team executes thousands of air, ground and in-house patient transports yearly and assists in preserving the lives of our most critically ill patients during these transports. Lifeline’s mission is to bring 24/7 advanced life support and critical care services to The Johns Hopkins community.
Shifts: 12 hour rotating shifts, weekend work required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion of an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)- Basic Program
- Maryland EMT- Basic certification required at time of hire
- National Registry EMT - Basic certification required; upon hire OR within the first 90 days of employment
- District of Columbia EMT - Basic certification required; upon hire OR within the first 120 days of employment
- Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant certification required; upon hire OR within the first 90 days of employment
- Valid CPR certification required upon hire
- Unrestricted valid driver’s license
- Must maintain contracted ambulance vendor’s emergency vehicle operator requirements
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year experience as a full-time BLS provider within last two years, and preferred two years of EMS or hospital experience.
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital multidisciplinary team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility. Our clinicians are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.