Endoscopy Technician-Knoll North- PRN
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Bethesda, MD 20810
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Day Shift
John Hopkins Surgery Center Sites
Knoll North Endoscopy Technician
Location: Columbia, MD Shift: PRN
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, taking into consideration the developmental needs of the patient, the person filling this role will perform routine patient activities and delegated patient care procedures of a specialized and technical nature which includes observing and monitoring patient condition, identifying changes in collecting patient data and notifying the nurse of any activities. Setting up and maintaining specialized clinical equipment, knowledge of aseptic technique, collecting blood specimens, and performing related, delegated nursing procedures. The JHSCS Clinical Technician will flex between the Prep, PACU, & Procedural areas of the JHSCS. The JHSCS clinical Technician may also flex to other areas as needed to meet the daily operational needs of the JHSCS.
• Knowledge of aseptic technique, basic wound care, patient safety, and patient transport and procedure positioning techniques.
• Knowledge of proper specimen handling. Knowledge of recording and reporting pertinent clinical data.
• Knowledge of setting up and management of specialized patient care equipment.
• Highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care.
• Demonstrated skills in performing routine patient care activities (i.e. VS, pulse, oximetry, ht/wt, abdominal girth).
• Ability to document legibly using a writing instrument.
• Ability to use computer keyboard functions to input and obtain data.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR.
• Active Nursing Assistant certification.
• One year of acute care (hospital) tech experience during the most recent two years in a setting relevant to the unit; experience assisting the provider with colonoscopies and EGDs.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.