Enrollment Coordinator - USFHP
Requisition #: 195343
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 10, 2020
Under minimal supervision the Enrollment Coordinator will be responsible for resolving enrollment discrepancies and performing complex and escalated enrollment tasks. The Enrollment Coordinator position is essential to ensuring all eligible beneficiaries are properly enrolled in the plan, preventing future issues with members using services covered by their plan. The Enrollment Coordinator will be responsible for all functions related to membership, including but not limited to, updates to the data, verification of eligibility, the issuance of ID cards, membership and group reconciliations. All duties in the Enrollment Coordinator position will be performed in accordance with Center for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS), Department of Defense (DOD), and NCQA.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with all levels of customers both internal and external. Has an understanding of the health care environment and sensitivity to confidential information and adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration or Business preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance principles
- Basic level of customer responsiveness with some telephonic experience
- Preferred 1-2 years’ experience in an analytical role
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Well-developed telephone and customer service skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with a diverse patient population, providers and staff.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Basic data entry, PC and software application skills including Excel and Word
- Basic administrative skills
- Basic problem solving skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to providing an excellent member experience
- Requires one year managed care, health insurance, medical office or related experience in an office setting
- Prior enrollment experience preferred but not required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.