Epic Application Coordinator Associate (Home Health)
Requisition #: 156513
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 2, 2017
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Application Coordinator Associate – Home Health
General Position Summary:
The Application Coordinator Associate (ACA) participates in the development and design of the application(s) for which the AC A is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the assigned Epic module(s).
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of computer systems, applications and interfaces as acquired through a degree program in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or Clinical studies.
- Exhibits ability to gather the appropriate data and devise and design simple systems solutions to user issues and problems.
- Demonstrates ability to devise simple benchmarking metrics to assess system performance.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the clinical or business operations functions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in data gathering, specifications development and documentation and record keeping.
- Communicates effectively with users, colleagues and developers.
- Demonstrates basic degree of analytical skill.
- Works under direct supervision in support of team initiatives.
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Clinical studies. A GPA of 3.5 or better.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
Experience: Work experience in a professional environment as obtained through an internship or fellowship program.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large-scale and complex healthcare organization as obtained through the candidate’s field of study.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment as obtained through the candidate’s course of study is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a basic level of complexity.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing priorities
- Uses critical thinking skills for assigned tasks
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as obtained through the candidate’s field of study.
Full Time (40 hours)
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.