Epic Application Coordinator II (Professional Billing)
Requisition #: 187468
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 4, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
General Position Summary:
The Application Coordinator II (ACII) participates in the development and design of the application(s) for which the AC II is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the assigned Epic module(s).
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding computer systems, applications and interfaces.
- Demonstrates proficiency in data gathering techniques and the ability to design and communicate systems solutions to user issues and problems of medium complexity.
- Demonstrates an intermediate understanding of the relevant clinical and/or business operation functions.
- May require specialized knowledge in a specific application/module/computer system.
- Creates detailed work-related specifications, system design documentation, procedures, process flows, data flows and project and change management plans.
- Communicates effectively with users and colleagues. Conducts regular day-to-day communication with JHM teams and vendor’s installation team.
- Demonstrates proficient degree of analytical skills.
- Supports multiple concurrent work efforts, educates and coaches other team members, and works with minimal supervision in support of team initiatives.
- Works as a member of a specific application team as well as with other application and technical teams.
- Responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with applications.
Required Job Qualifications:
Education: Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
- Two years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business operations setting or two years experience in Information Technology.
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large-scale and complex healthcare organization.
- Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
- Experience in Epic installations.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a low to medium level of complexity.
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to assigned tasks.
Full Time (40 hours)
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.