Epic Application Coordinator III (Business Intelligence Developer)
Requisition #: 167445
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: March 23, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
The Application Coordinator III (AC III) has an in-depth knowledge of Epic clinical applications and participates in the analysis, design and development of BI application(s) using Tableau. The position will have a broad scope that includes enterprise-wide clients and analytic projects. The incumbent will develop, test, and implement new and enhanced analytics, design new data aggregation views and drill-downs, working with key business owners to enhance the quality and presentation of operational metrics, trend analyses, and statistical models for their business processes. Be responsible to ensure, that an Analytic/BI system development life cycle project management technique is used in all application development, implementation, and enhancements.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, applications and interfaces.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all skills required to facilitate complex application and systems enhancements or replacements.
- Analyzes and resolves complex system integration problems.
- Creates pre--‐ and post--‐project benchmarking metrics.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of the JHM clinical and/or business operations.
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating detailed documentation, including system design documentation, procedures, process and data flows, RFPs, project plans, and recommendations for system enhancements and replacements.
- Communicates effectively with users, colleagues, developers, and organizational administration.
- Provides estimates for moderate to complex work efforts.
- Supports multiple concurrent projects and/or application modules, educates and coaches other team members, and manages user expectations.
- Manages tasks, resources, and project plans for team assignments.
- May require specialized knowledge in a specific application/module/computer system.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant clinical and/or business operation functions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional work teams with minimal supervision to design, document, develop, and test complex BI Applications.
- Demonstrates proficiency with complex projects in creating detailed documentation, including system design documentation, procedures, process and data flows, , project plans, and recommendations for system enhancements and replacements.
- Demonstrates advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with department heads, University, Hospital and Health System personnel, vendors, and consultants, to lead projects. Able to effectively communicate and interact with staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all skills required to analyze and facilitate complex system enhancements needed for the on-going support of BI Application needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases, BI tools like SAP, Tableau and other reporting analytics
Education: Baccalaureate degree, education or health related field with educational courses. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis.
Certifications: Required to complete and pass certification in assigned EPIC application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
- 3 years operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business operations setting or three years’ experience in Information Technology.
- General understanding of the work flows in clinical or healthcare business operations.
- 3 years’ experience with enterprise reporting applications (such as Business Objects, SSRS, etc.) on BI dashboard visualization projects
- 1 year of experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Qlikview, Qlik Sense, etc.)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with implementing clinical and/or healthcare business information systems in a large scale and complex healthcare organization.
- Epic certification in the module(s) being represented.
- Experience in Epic installations.
- Knowledge of the current healthcare environment.
- Experience in developing business and/or clinical workflows related to the assigned application module.
- Experience in developing analytics dashboards in Tableau
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to handle analysis, design, system configuration and testing tasks at a high level of complexity.
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Uses critical thinking skills regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical design techniques for related software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to managing timeline, budget and quality.
- Able to lead the work of staff.
- Strong understanding of relational databases with experience using SQL query techniques.
- Experience developing a testing plan and executing test scenarios related to deploying reports and dashboards
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.