Financial Services Coordinator
Requisition #: 544603
Location: Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 21, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Requisition #: 544603
10710 Charter Dr, Ste 400
Columbia MD 21044
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Weekends Required: No
This Position is with Cardiovascular Specialists of Central Maryland, a practice pod of Johns Hopkins Regional Physicians, and will be responsible for review of scheduled appointments to ensure participation with patients' insurance, updating insurance information as needed, patient financial clearance including obtaining required referrals and insurance pre-authorizations for testing, communication with patients concerning financial responsibility, and related duties.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of every job.
- Maintains patient confidence by appropriately securing patient information and completing patient related tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment by complying with established regulations, standards and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading current professional publications.
- Serves and protects the practice and its patients by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local guidelines.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
Minimum of a high school diploma required. Vocational training in insurance billing, and/or referral management desirable.
Required Work Experience:
Two to five years of experience in healthcare/medical practice preferred
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of CPT procedural coding and ICD-9 diagnosis coding; CPC certification desirable.
- Knowledge of medical insurance coverage required.
- Excellent customer relations skills in dealing with multiple publics, including patients, families, other physicians' offices, insurance carriers, co-workers, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a computer CRT, and/or demonstrated willingness to learn computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology to assist in completion of job duties desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with staff, physicians, Howard County General Hospital departments, patients, families and outside agencies in such a manner as to gain their confidence and secure their cooperation and respect.
- High level of patience, tolerance, and tact in order to deal effectively with people and time pressures.
- Professional demeanor, attitude and appearance.
- Initiative and assertiveness in dealing with problems.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.