Epic Principal Trainer I (Ambulatory)
Requisition #: 197181
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 25, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Principal Trainer I reports to the Epic Project Leader and is responsible for leading projects of all levels of complexity and applies advanced understanding of the ADDIE model (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation), adult learning theory, and instructional design principles to project related work.
Serves as a liaison and representative to Epic and JHM communities, work groups, and committees. Performs task analysis, long term and short term planning, and determines training needs of the end users. Manages multiple projects through planning, scheduling, assigning, coordinating and reviewing tasks performed by assigned resources.
This individual is certified in selected Epic applications and is responsible for the following primary tasks:
- Conducts organizational and entity-based training needs assessments.
- Collects and analyzes data from business owners and application teams regarding potential new processes, procedures, systems, etc., to determine performance gaps and recommend training solutions; design and develop training using a variety of modalities depending on the needs, including advanced e-learning activities, webinars, instructor led trainings, etc. Leads curriculum management and audits of existing content on an ongoing basis to ensure courses are current, effective, and meet business needs. Strong communication and project management skills are required to maximize return on investment, network impact and partnerships with various internal and external subject matter experts.
- Makes use of the ISD model to design and develop complex courseware and engaging blended or multi-media learning activities for customer training that align with corporate values and desired competencies to support identified business needs.
- Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
- Manages the coordination, status reporting and stability of instructional design oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet clearly defined expectations.
- Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
- Coordinates all communication efforts to the appropriate individuals.
- Establishes working relationships with instructional designers, analysts, management, subject matter experts, other training staff, and end users.
- Identifies and advocates for innovative learning solutions that meet user-needs (instructor-led, synchronous online, on demand web-based training, and blended learning.
- Oversees educationally sound training content based on clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology.
- Interfaces with instructional designers and e-learning developers to design and test e-learning and blended learning.
- Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization.
- Responsible for responding to customer questions, requests and training needs by agreed upon dates.
- Identifies when issues might impact another application or questions whether another application should be involved.
- Escalates appropriately to resolve issues that are beyond their responsibility
- Develops a good professional and personal relationship with the business owners, SMEs, trainers and customers
- Accepts feedback to reinforce behavior, increase knowledge, increase emotional intelligence, clarify standards, philosophy, or culture in order to affect future actions.
- Displays a dependable, enthusiastic attitude and enjoys hard work to accomplish the task assigned.
- Understands task sequence and executes accurately
- Sets deadlines for own work and keeps them. Also meets deadlines set by others.
- Able to prepare an agenda for meetings and presentations ahead of time, distributes it, performs introductions, wraps up with notes indicating deliverables, dates and those responsible.
- Able to document existing issues clearly that are impacting or related to training
- Able to document problematic situations and background that require analysis and recommendations (SBAR).
- Demonstrates basic degree of analytical skill in order to solve a problem
- Demonstrates a collaborative work ethic (volunteers for tasks, assists co-workers, sits on committees/integrated work groups)
- Uses knowledge to review training evaluation data to improve electronic medical record education
- Must be able to read and understand instructional materials and diagnostic tools.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.