Epic Systems Security Engineer
Requisition #: 572663
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2022
Req#572663 Epic Systems Security Engineer
JH @ Harbor East
1000 Lancaster Street, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
• Position is responsible for working with applications teams, systems engineers, vendors and users to configure and maintain security functions and user profiles within various applications.
• Support end users' access requests in both production and non-production environments.
• Provide support for escalated help desk tickets.
• Be able to document and administer security changes to the system.
• Facilitate functional testing of security roles; advise functional team on testing approaches to ensure appropriate positive and negative security tests.
• Proactively identify and analyze system and access risks.
• Identify trends and patterns in design of security and recommend of systemic improvements.
• Position is responsible for ensuring end users have the proper access to an EMR, including the ability to run reports.
• The position will work with application teams, vendors and end users to ensure appropriate access for their job role.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
Equivalency Formula: JHH: Related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years experience-for-one year education basis.
Required Experience: Five years related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Must understand risk assessment, risk management, and internal control concepts.
4. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
5. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
6. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
7. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
8. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
9. Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
10. Possesses sound documentation skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality
12. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio desirable.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to assigned tasks.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.