Experience Registered Nurse - Oncology Flex Pool
Requisition #: 179540
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 31, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Baltimore, MD - THe Johns Hopkins Hospital
Nurse Clinician IIE-Weinberg 5C- Oncology
The Nurse Clinician (NC) IIE is responsible for:
• Anticipating the needs of and coordinating care for a group of complex patients to achieve clinical, financial, and organizational outcomes.
• Providing evidence-based care based on the nursing process, policies, procedures, and protocols of the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
• Mentoring and managing others to promote quality, safety, and excellence in care.
• Works collaboratively with, and provides leadership for, a multidisciplinary health care team to optimize team performance and patient outcomes.
• Promoting and identifying quality improvement initiatives (clinical, financial, operational) that are aligned with departmental and hospital safety and operational goals.
• Identifying methods to promote cost-effective use of resources.
• Acting in the absence of the Nurse Clinician (NC) III to oversee daily care for a group of assigned patients.
NCIIE position requirements:
- Current registered nurse license in the state of Maryland
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Three years of related experience as a registered nurse. Scheduled for a minimum of 24 hours/week. (Individual unit requirements may exceed this.)
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.