Registered Nurse: Hematologic Malignancy IMC
Requisition #: 186367
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 16, 2020
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Hematologic Malignancy IMC, Weinberg 5B is a 16-bed inpatient unit that provides intermediate medical care to adult oncology patients. On this unit, you will care for patients with acute leukemia and other hematological malignancies that are receiving intensive chemotherapy regimens. Our hematologic malignancy and hematology patients have access to some of the most innovative and advanced therapies in the world. Because Kimmel Cancer Center research scientists and clinicians closely work together, new drugs and treatments developed in the research laboratory are quickly transferred to the clinical setting, offering patients improved therapeutic options and the chance to participate in innovative clinical trials.
Shifts: 12 Hour Night Shifts
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN work experience required
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.