RN - Registered Nurse - Peds Psychiatry Unit
Requisition #: 302844
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Week: Full Time (40 or 36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 14, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital- Bloomberg 12 has a 15 bed acute care inpatient psychiatry unit and a 12 slot psychiatric Day Hospital for voluntary patients aged 5-17. Most commonly seen diagnoses include mood disorders, anxiety, psychosis, bipolar and adjustment disorders. In addition to mental illness, patients may also have medical co-morbidities: asthma, diabetes, sickle cell, cancer, etc. You would care for patients with feeding tubes, IVs, and who need to be catheterized. You would provide crisis intervention, stabilization, and appropriation of after-care appointments.
Shifts: 12 hour day & night rotating
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN work experience required
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.