Experienced Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular OR
Requisition #: 185077
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Aug. 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Cardiovascular Thoracic OR
Experienced Surgical Technician
Under direction of a Registered Nurse performs duties in the operating room to assist the surgical team in surgical services, such as scrubbing on all types of operative procedures, obtaining and preparing instruments and equipment and maintaining a clean and safe surgical environment. In depth knowledge of surgical procedures in three or more specialties.
Candidate qualification for the Surgical Tech position:
1. Must have minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a Surgical Technician training program is required.
3. Surgical Technician Certification preferred
4. Minimum of 5 years or prior Surg tech work experience is required
6. Active BLS CPR (healthcare provider) certification required from AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network
The Surgical Tech is responsible for:
- Must be able to read and understand materials management reports, forms and requisitions.
- In depth knowledge of aseptic technique principles and standard precautions.
- In depth knowledge of Instrument care and handling principles.
- Surgical anatomy and physiology.
- Familiar with effective teaching methods for skill training.
- How to plan and organize a project.
- How to trouble shoot for equipment and instrument problems.
- Familiar with verbal and non-verbal communication styles, team concepts and dynamics.
- Accountable for appropriate use of resources and cost awareness.
- Adheres to prescribed procedures and protocols.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.