- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
- Day Shift
Who you are:
As a Financial Analyst at Johns Hopkins HealthCare, you not only love numbers, but you are hungry for knowledge. You have a strong work ethic and you understand what it means to be accountable. You take pride in knowing your work supports our mission to improve the lives of our plan members.
What you’ll do:
- Provide simple to moderately complex financial analyses.
- Monitor actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Gather, organize, and document relevant financial information.
- Independently prepare financial analysis and business plans that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of data)
What you’ll bring:
- 1+ years’ experience in financial analysis is required
- 3+ years’ experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of financial and/or accounting concepts. Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet and database software
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance).
- Eagerness to learn and grow within Johns Hopkins HealthCare
Who we are:
Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is the managed care and health services business of Johns Hopkins Medicine. JHHC is a $3B business serving over 500,000 active members with lines of business in Medicaid, Medicare, commercial, military health, health solutions, and venture investments. JHHC is a leader in provider-sponsored health plans and is poised for future growth.
Many organizations talk about transforming the future of healthcare, at Johns Hopkins HealthCare, we are setting the pace for change within the healthcare industry. We develop innovative, analytics-driven health programs in collaboration with provider partners to drive improved quality and better health outcomes for our members and the communities we serve. If you are interested in improving how healthcare is delivered, and have a passion to be at the forefront of change, JHHC is the place to call home.
This position is eligible for remote work.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.