Financial Analyst II
Requisition #: 186208
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Financial Analyst II uses financial and operational data to create models and analyses for hospital management. Uses these models to share insights and improve financial performance of assigned hospital clinical and/or support departments. Along with other members of the department, is responsible for creating experiences that meet the high standards of service excellence.
- Designs analytic models using patient encounter and related data to collaborate with key leadership customers to improve performance and achieve strategic goals.
- Works in tandem with department heads, executive staff, and finance leadership in the development of the annual operating budget. Contributes to the capital budget development and identifies where capital projects have operating cost impacts.
- Constructs feasibility analyses, Pro Forma statements, and A3’s using standard and advanced financial techniques. Proper calculation of volume, revenue, net revenue, direct and indirect costs that are integral to the analysis. Works in concert with department leads in the development of these products.
- Consults with customers to understand needs and applies skills and knowledge to research the best path; generates viable solutions to enable customers to improve financial performance.
- Communicates timely, effectively, and appropriately with co-workers, supervisors, and customers to ensure all iterations and collaborations meet the high standards of service excellence.
- Verifies and maintains the integrity of systems and deliverables produced through effective use of balancing, mentoring, and auditing tools to enhance data quality and credibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years progressive experience with healthcare business analytics and budgeting, with a proven record of tangible accomplishment in building successful analytic models using clinical and financial data.
- Extensive knowledge of financial business processes in a healthcare setting; experience within a hospital strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to include the ability to perform advanced formulas, pivot tables, macro functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with leadership, management, and fellow employees
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.