Financial Clearance Coordinator
Requisition #: 197933
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Reporting to the Financial Clearance Manager/or Supervisor, the Financial Clearance Coordinator will be responsible for all administrative and financial components of financial clearance. Some of the financial components consist of pre-registration, insurance verification, pre-certification, and patient financial information. The position is also responsible for informing the patient/guarantor of all financial liabilities and documenting pertinent information into appropriate systems. The position requires integral communication with patients, insurance companies, department administrators, physicians, and other departmental staff to ensure the ideal patient experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology
- Knowledge of medical insurance plans; especially manage care plans
- Requires ability to understand, interpret, evaluate, and resolve basic customer service issues.
- Knowledge of the Johns Hopkins Health System or other Healthcare related policies and procedures, preferred.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office
- Requires intermediate analytical skills to resolve problems and provide patient and referring physicians with information and assistance with pre-registration and registration issues.
- Ability to perform with attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires analytical skills to perform calculations for financial work up and deductibles and to receive payment
- Requires intermediate organizational skills to complete financial applications, insurance verification, billing, and collection processes within acceptable time frames.
Required Licensure Certification, etc.
- Certification on host systems as appropriate. Certification to be obtained during introductory 90 day probationary period
- Successful completion of departmental training program and all related competency assessments.
- Coding Certification is a plus
- 1-2 years related medical office, hospital, or similar customer service environment
Full Time (40 hours), Day Shift (8:30 am - 5:00 pm )
Non-Exempt, Pay Grade: NE
Work Location: JH @ Keswick North
Work Condition: Works in normal office environment where there is little discomfort to due to the extremes of heat, dust, noise, temperature and the like
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a Smoke-Free Campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.