Financial Clearance Specialist
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Day Shift
DEPT & LOCATION: PHYSICAL THERAPY, CHILD DEVELOPMENT REHAB CENTER - ST. PETERSBURG, FL
Financial Clearance Specialist is responsible for all administrative and financial components of financial clearance. Financial Clearance components include but are not limited to eligibility validation, benefits verification, authorization, calculating patient responsibility, explaining financial responsibility to the patient’s family. Responsible for documenting pertinent information into appropriate systems. Requires integral communication with patients, insurance companies, department administrators, physicians, and other departmental staff to ensure the ideal patient experience. Level I typically is assigned to Medical Services, Rehab Services, or Audiology Services.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 2 years of healthcare experience in scheduling, registration, authorizations, business office, health plan, physician practice, surgery center or hospital in a business capacity.
- 1-2 years of experience working with health plan and payer authorization requirements and clinical policies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of third-party payer requirements, computer literacy and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of CMS and other governmental programs.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.