Financial Clearance Supervisor
Requisition #: 187336
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 6, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, and international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Reporting to the Financial Clearance Manager, the Financial Clearance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the department operations through workflow management, data analysis, and quality control of financial clearance activities. They are responsible for assisting with work schedules, individual performance evaluations, on-going training and maintaining of the Departmental and Hospital Policies and Procedures. The Financial Clearance Supervisor must demonstrate problem-solving and leadership abilities including professional verbal and written skills.
- Assisting with the day to day scheduling and timecard management of the department to ensure staffing levels meet the needs of the department.
- Monitors staff adherence to service excellence policies and documents activity on an individual basis in order to ensure staff are providing exemplary customer service to our patients.
- Assesses worklist volumes among employees and pods; makes recommendations to Financial Clearance Manager for adjustments or reassignments as needed in order to manage the department workload.
- Assists staff with prioritization and worklist management to ensure staff are working efficiently.
- Assists with departmental and individual performance reporting to measure and improve department outcomes.
- Acts as a project manager or implementation lead for special projects as assigned by the department Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five years of healthcare experience working for a health plan, physician practice, surgery center or hospital in a business capacity is required.
- Three years Comprehensive knowledge of third party payer requirements, computer literacy and customer service skills.
- Must have working knowledge of CMS and other governmental programs.
- __X___ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- __X___ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Office Setting
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.