Food Service Cook
Requisition #: 181424
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and special/catered events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the department may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- May prepare food and serve customers at an a la carte and may operate a grill station in order to complete meals for customers and patients
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions for accuracy, quality and satisfaction
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times to ensure customer satisfaction
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments in order to ensure safety for all customers and patients
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all department and regulatory rules and procedures for compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures; complies with all HACCP policies and procedures to provide food safety for all customers and patients
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- 1 year minimum of relevant kitchen experience
- Knowledge of basic operation of kitchen equipment and institutional cooking
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
6:00 - 00:00
Location: Food Service Department
**Weekend Work Required** Rotating Shifts
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.