Food Service Worker I
Requisition #: 186224
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 24, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Limited/ 20 hrs./week, Rotating Shift
Under close supervision, performs a variety of food service duties that involve simple and repetitive tasks to assure quality service standards. Works as a team member to provide quality and efficient service to the customer.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires the ability to understand verbal instructions and to read and understand written instructions and six months previous experience.
- No certification, registration or licensure required.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
- Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
Position requires working in an environment which is subject to drafts, noise, and temperature variations.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.