FOOD SERVICES UTILITY TECHNICIAN (PT)
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Rotating Shift
The Food Service Utility Technician, under close supervision, performs a variety of food service duties that involve simple and repetitive tasks to assure quality service standards. Works as a team member to provide quality and efficient service to the customer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work requires the ability to understand verbal instructions and to read and understand written instructions and six months previous experience.
- Work requires the skills to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
- Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions, or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves courtesy.
Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities:
- Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing over 50 pounds.
- Stooping and bending.
- Reaching and grasping objects.
- Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time