Gift Officer- Major Gifts
Requisition #: 196996
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Gift Officer is a fundraiser responsible for executing gift and donor strategies and representing the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Foundation. A measure of performance will be based upon pre-determined fundraising goals.
1. Raises $200,000-$1,000,000 based on portfolio, experience and responsibility areas
2. Manages and implements donor and prospect engagement strategies
3. Meets determined contact, proposal, visit and event goals
4. Collaborates with Foundation, Hospital and Johns Hopkins colleagues
5. Serves as a Foundation representative in the community (external and internal)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years in event planning, fundraising, communications or related experience with demonstrated success in achieving established goals
- Must have knowledge and experience in using Microsoft products
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, confidentiality and public speaking skills
- Ability to travel to events in a timely manner and arrive punctually
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Experience with Raiser's Edge preferred
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Traditional office environment
- Frequent periods of close concentration
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.