HME Business Operations Manager
Requisition #: 456323
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 18, 2022
Reporting to the HME Operations Director, the business operations manager is responsible for standardized business operations and program development to support the HME line of business. The business operations manager facilitates smooth operations across the HME operation. The position is responsible for the daily operations of the PAP and oxygen programs, workflow, and resoure allocation. The position is responsible for oversight of the department budget through performance improvement initiatives focused on FTE management, productivity, and cost evaluation. The position works closely with HME leadership for coordination of patient care and product offerings. The position will have a focus on improving patient outcome and optimization of technology for maximized efficiencies and has a focus on PAP and oxygen therapy. The position will ensure the highest level of quality and customer service is maintained. The position will assist with developing education materials, process improvement opportunities, staffing assessment, monitoring of referral patterns, scheduling, assisting with hiring, disciplinary action, training and evaluations of applicable staff.
- BS in Business or health administration, required. Directly related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Respiratory Therapy degree, preferred
- Competent in medical terminology
- Understands the DME product knowedge purpose/function and related supplies for home use
- Homecare Experience preferred
- Experience with Insurance contracts, payer requirments, and medical equipment regulations
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems, including word processing and spreadsheet analysis
- Advanced understanding of technology and ability to implement
- Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills for interaction at varied levels of administration
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow, pro-activly multi task and set standards and goals
- Ability to lead staff, mentor and facilitate growth in service excellence
- Creative ability to conceptualize and suggest future strategy for HME operations.
- Advanced financial skills necessary to plan, follow, and manage budget and cost evaluation
- Supervisory experience, required
- Advanced analytic ability to identify related activities and recommend course of action
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- RT - Licensed in the State of MD as an Respiratory Therapist, Preferred
- Minimum three years in practice management or supervisory experience in heathcare setting
- Respiratory or home medical equipment, preferred
- Experience in information technology and system integration
- Process leadership and management, preferred
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.