Home Care Coordinator Assistant
Requisition #: 185426
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 17, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Home Care Coordinator Assistant will assist in all functions related to the JHHCG’s Home Care Coordinator and posses an understanding of home care products and services and the services and resources available in the community.
- One to two years data entry experience required
- One to two years customer service experience in a health care setting
Working Conditions / Duties
- This position is located in a hospital setting which includes entering patient rooms, working on nursing units, and significant walking between nursing units and building.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents with little likelihood of harm if established health precautions are followed.
- Requires lifting and carrying of medical equipment such as infusion pumps, portable oxygen tanks, or walkers.
- Work requires attention to detail.
- Requires ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work weekends and extended shifts as needed.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.