Adult Home Care RN
Requisition #: 466846
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Being a Home Care RN with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group is a unique opportunity to work at a top 500 Home Care Elite agency with a 5 star patient satisfaction rating. You will have the autonomy to make individualize patient-centered decisions utilizing your critical thinking skills to prevent hospitalizations and promote patient’s recovery and healing at home.
With our interdisciplinary approach to care, you will work collaboratively with specialist and therapist to provide our patients with high quality care. The management team will be your advocate, helping to remove any barriers you may face. You are never alone as our management team will be your champion to promote your professional development and ensure your safety.
Besides a great compensation package - here are the other benefits of working as a Registered Nurse (RN) with Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
- A culture of excellence focuced on Patient and Family Focused Care
- Interdisciplinary approach to care
- .A full benefit package including Health, Vision, Dental, Tax Free Saving Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Dependent Tuition, retirement contribution, and more!
- Flexible scheduling options to balance your work and personal life
- Electronic medical record that is integrated with the health system to ensure safe transitions of care
- Opportunities to learn and grow through our specialized training programs including a clinical ladder, research, and grant programs
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program that serves your entire family.
Sign on bonus available for successful hires
An organization that supports, recognizes and invests in their nurses.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Associate in Nursing required; BSN preferred
- RN in the state of Maryland
- Active American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS CPR
- Valid Maryland drivers’ license and current auto insurance, working vehicle; agree to comply with Maryland law for mandatory seat belt use; Auto Insurance
- Critical care experience required; home care experience preferred
- Passion for educating patients in their home environment
- Experience with electronic documentation
- Excellent communication skills
Opportunites available for:
- Adult Home Care RN: Locations: Balitmore City & Anne Arundel County
- Job Summary: In addition to specific and skilled treatments and procedures, the nurse provides health teaching to patients and care givers, preventive health screening, referral and coordination of services in the agency and the community, and advocacy for the patient in obtaining health-related goals.
- Work Experience:
- Two years med.-surg. nursing experience, one year home care experience preferred
- HCC Hospital Discharge Planner II (RN): Pediatric and Adult
- Job Summary: Home Care Coordinator (HCC) Hospital Discharge Planner II (RN) is a licensed nurse who has a thorough understanding of available home care services and products, eligibility requirements, and resources available in the community. The position acts as a discharge planning resource to Hospital staff involved in home care planning, and facilitates continuity of care for the patient transitioning to home based services. Serves as on-site home-based care expert.
- Two (2) years home care or home care discharge planning experience preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Thorough knowledge of home care community resources, agency policy and procedures, federal and state regulations and third party regulations for reimbursement of home care services.
- Infusion RN Case Manager
- Job Summary: Provides intermittent, skilled home infusion services to a group of patients with guidance from the interdisciplinary team and under the direction of the Infusion Nurse Manager. Provides complete holistic patient assessments for infusion patients with focused assessments involving IV access care, patient specific nursing treatments and education for both the patient and family.
- BSN required or matriculating to a BSN degree or higher within 2 years of hire
- Mid-line Certification, preferred
- Work Experience
- Minimum of two years hospital experience as a practicing nurse. (ICU or specialty unit prefered)
- Infusion nursing experience prefered but not required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.