- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Rotating Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Rotating Shift; 6:00am - 4:30pm
Responsible for the creation and serving of specialty coffee and expresso-based drinks. Also responsible for performing a range of food service duties, including cooking, prepping, cleaning and general sanitation. Work requires an advanced level of technical instruction. Employee is expected to work independently, and to be able to resolve problems.
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Barista, specialty drink certification or equivalent required
- 1-2 years experience in retail hospitality culinary experience required
- Math skills and cash handling experience required
- Knowledge of working a cash register and credit card machine required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to exchange information on factual matters, greet visitors, and explain medical center policies in terms of cash handling, food preparation and safety if applicable
- This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients visitors and staff. Employee must use own judgment in terms of issuing reimbursement and providing service recovery in applicable instances
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Skilled in operating an espresso machine. Has a high level of skill in making espresso- based drinks. Able to create specialized beverages.
- Guides other food service workers serving food to specialty retail patrons or assembling food for special functions.
- Checks assembled food products to insure adherence to instructions
- Takes customer orders and prepares the orders according to brand specifications and the customer’s request
- Greets all customers with personalized services. Develops rapport by learning favorite drinks of customers
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins! Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.