Housekeeper I- Days (7a-3:30p)
Requisition #: 191052
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
This position plays a critical role in hospital safety by cleaning the facilities to hospital standards. The EVS Technician I aids in the prevention of communicable disease by thoroughly disinfecting public areas and private rooms. Cleans office and administrative areas in hospital as well as outpatient care centers, restrooms, clinical equipment, floors and hallways. May also be responsible for linen stocking and delivery.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the efficient completion of duties
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner
- Understands that honesty and ethics are essential
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, use open communication, & maintain professional relationships
- Possesses basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.), including relevant electronic and communication devices
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others
- Observes safety precautions at all times, uses safety signs (i.e. “wet floor”)
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA regulations and local requirements
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- High School diploma/GED Preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language
Weekend work required
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, bodily fluids, disturbing sights and images
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.