Housekeeper Lead -Floor Care
Requisition #: 184991
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: April 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
This position plays a critical role in hospital safety and cleans the facilities to meet hospital standards. Assists in the prevention of communicable disease by training and monitoring the environmental services staff.
1. Keeps hospital environment fully sanitary, secure and comfortable for patients and staff to prevent the transmission of infection
2. Assists the EVS team by providing open communications and a positive work environment and ensures staff members are adhering to hospital policies and procedures
3. Maintains a high standard of cleanliness throughout assigned areas to ensure safety and satisfaction of patients/clients
4. Responsible for supply inventory, safety and security to safeguard hospital staff, patients and patrons
5. Is knowledgeable in Occupational Safety & Health Administration regulations to ensure the safety of patients and sanitation of the facility
6. Is aware of and notates when hospital equipment is not functioning properly to achieve quality standards and facility objectives
7. Displays courteous and professional behavior towards patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers and other employees to promote positivity in the work environment
High School diploma/GED Preferred
3 years of housekeeping or floor tech experience
Ability to read, write and understand the English language
Waste DOT Certified
Blood Bourne Pathogen Trained
Knowledgeable of EPA, DOT, DOH regulations of waste processes
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.