Environmental Services Associate
Requisition #: 1653
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, and international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Environmental Services Associate : is responsible for the cleaning, servicing, and maintaining of assigned areas. Responsible for taking care of cleaning equipment, effective expenditure of soaps, disinfectants, finishes, abrasives, polishes and other cleaning supplies. Can be assigned to specific areas such as patient care or office areas.
Available work locations: Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Available work shifts: Day shift: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm or 12-8:30pm
Evening shift: 2:30-11pm or 3-11:30pm or 4pm-12:30am
***Must be able to work some weekends***
- No formal education is required, only the ability to follow instructions and directions.
- Environmental Service experience is desirable but not essential. Employee will be trained on the job through in-service education.
- Must know how to use Environmental Services materials such as finishes, disinfectants, soaps, abrasives, bowl cleaners, dusting tools, scouring pads, mops and other related items.
- Ability to keep assigned areas in a condition that complies with hospital standards.
- Minimum computer skills required for email and to log in and out of EPIC tracking system.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.