HVAC Maintenance Mechanic I (2nd Shift)
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Support Services (Services/Trades)
- Evening Shift
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital has an immediate opportunity for an HVAC Maintenance Mechanic I. We offer competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package including dependent tuition assistance. Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Performs maintenance, installation and repair work on HVAC systems, equipment and components. Also, performs installations, repairs and fabrication of sheetmetal/metal components related to HVAC and other trades. This work is performed under general supervision and using the tools and techniques of HVAC technology.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Work Experience:
5 years related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HVAC theory, techniques, codes, procedures and materials.
- Knowledge of safety rules, procedures and practices, including the proper use of safety equipment as defined by OSHA and industry standards.
- Knowledge of sheetmetal installation, repairs and fabrication.
- Applies HVAC, sheetmetal and safety knowledge indicated herein.
- Safely uses tools and equipment indicated herein.
- Possesses the ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Requires proficient written and verbal English communication skills, at least on an high school graduate level, to interact with departmental/JHM staff.
- Identifies and avoids hazards as indicated by warning labels, signage, lights and other warning devices.
- Performs work within reasonable lengths of time as measured against trade, industry or engineered standards.
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Evening Shift; 3:00pm - 11:30pm
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.