Infection Control Manager
Requisition #: 262503
Location: Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 31, 2020
The Infection Control Manager (ICM) is responsible for administering, coordinating and monitoring all infection control functions. The job encompasses the roles of coordinator, educator, and consultant and requires effective interpersonal and management skills to motivate employees to carry out the infection control practices of the Hospital.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in Infection Control required.
- Clinical experience preferred.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must maintain current Maryland License if an RN or licensure in a compact state that allows practice in Maryland, or other licensed professional.
- Certification from the Association for Practitioners in infection preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.