Information Security Engineer
Requisition #: 166547
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 3, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Information Security Engineer will have a passion for managing corporate security along with a desire to relentlessly champion best practices. This role is responsible for performing all functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure, accountable for security and networking infrastructure component availability and integrity, monitoring compliance with IT security policy, and coordinating investigation and reporting of security incidents. Participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of security policies. Work with Information Technology staff and business units to assess risk and address security issues.
- Manage security responsibilities, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
- Create and review reports on event anomalies.
- Develop and maintain security policies.
- Raise awareness of security policies and develop corresponding procedures.
- Provide security expertise to the company.
- Facilitate new electronic data interchanges between other financial firms.
- Assist in the enforcement and monitoring of Compliance regulations.
- Investigate and respond to security violations.
- Designs and conducts training for corporate security education and awareness programs.
- Defines security requirements and reviews systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards. Develop new standards as necessary.
- Analyze business needs, researches and recommends solutions.
- Establish and manage relations with vendors and related equipment suppliers.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- CISSP certification is preferred.
- Project Management certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with NIST regulations as they pertain to the Healthcare industry.
- Understanding of risks in Healthcare.
- Global solutions provider.
- Expert knowledge of PaloAlto and F5 Networks enterprise firewall technologies required.
- Working knowledge of web application firewalls, load balancers and proxies.
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Demonstrated experience in computer security combined with risk analysis, audit, and compliance objectives.
- Experience working with information security practices, networks, software, and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, common protocols and standards.
- Experience with DLP and IPS/IDS systems.
- Experience with security scanning tools, specifically Tenable.
- Experience with Web Vulnerability.
- Strong process oriented individual with experience in ITIL concepts.
- Highly responsive and proven professionalism in communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong skills implementing and configuring security components.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain in depth knowledge of security and networking infrastructure utilized by the company including the management and reporting of each
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.