Infusion Clinical Technician
Requisition #: 485964
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 22, 2022
Do you want a Pharmacy Technician career instead of a job?
Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives locally and internationally?
If so, come join our dynamic Johns Hopkins Outpatient Pharmacy team for this full time Pharmacy Technician opportunity. At Johns Hopkins Outpatient Pharmacy, our Pharmacy technicians have the opportunity to improve the health of thousands of patients every day by providing stellar medical care in a top leading medical institution.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Up to $5,200 annual employee tuition assistance
- Annual dependent tuition assistance
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Educational and enrichment opportunities
- And much more!
In collaboration with the JH Academic division and Infection Disease Specialists, this position is responsible for the clinical support of OPAT patients that were recently discharged from JHH and JHBMC.
The Infusion Clinical Technician provides courteous and efficient service to internal and external customers. Responds to orders from patients and Johns Hopkins Home Care Group personnel, specifically works closely with their Team Pharmacist to care for patients. Ensures that all information is documented and communicated accurately and promptly. Provides information on equipment, supplies, service and reimbursement. Establishes communication lines with JHHCG departments in order to effectively manage inquiries. Works with warehouse personnel to arrange and organize patient deliveries. Inputs daily deliveries into Outlook Calendar and onto a spreadsheet for Production Pharmacy planning. Works with outside vendors/facilities to coordinate and maintain data collection activities to produce program metrics.
Required Licensure, Certification, etc.:
- Registration with the Maryland Board of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician certification (CPhT) is required.
- Medical background and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of basic customer service principles
- Computer literacy
- Minimum three years experience in office and/or retail setting, experience in a health care setting preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.