Requisition #: 336223
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 or 36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Feb. 23, 2021
The Instructional Technologist reports to the Instructional Design Manager- myLearning Design Team. The Instructional Technologist will be responsible for the technical development, management and day-to-day support of the enterprise myLearning LMS. Familiarity with a healthcare environment and comfortable working with executive leadership, and clinical staff, the Instructional Technologist must be able to think strategically and build the technical foundation for a successful program. The mission of myLearning Design Team is to provide the highest quality healthcare e-learning to internal and external learners, leveraging innovative technologies and Johns Hopkins’ expertise.
1. Consulting with members of the training team, IT teams, business owners and subject matter experts in the
development of online course materials for educational programs. Identify pedagogical objectives and appropriate
supporting technologies, and provide expert advice to training
management and SMEs on course design and development.
2. Assisting instructional designers in the preparation of course materials for online distribution including the
creation of training portal pages, uploading and organization of course materials into SharePoint, and production
of digital resources that will be easily accessible to a range of online learners.
3. Serving as a primary technical support provider to all myLearning administrators with emphasis on instructional
design, best practices for using the LMS, and vendor-specific tools that will enhance and individualize the course
content delivery for each specific subject and course.
4. Managing all online course development initiatives to ensure that program resources will meet the expectations
of all stakeholders, while meeting schedule timeline and budgetary targets.
5. Providing expert advice to educators on effective and efficient teaching practices using technology. Develop
specialized myLearning training materials as needed.
6. Partnering with enterprise training departments to ensure the flawless execution of the online training. Serve as
a thought leader for online learning throughout the enterprise.
7. Researching and identifying new trends in online learning design and practice. Make recommendations to
training management to enhance and grow online learning program.
8. Managing relationship with external vendors and service providers involved in the production and delivery of
Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
Five years of relevant work experience, at least a portion of which involves instructional design, education, or training. Project Management experience preferred
Full Time, Day Shift (40 hours)
JHH, 1101 E. 33rd Street, Baltimore, MD 21218
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.