Requisition #: 217186
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 18, 2020
Responsible for the work activities of a group of IT professionals. Reviews work for completeness and technical accuracy. Participates in project planning to ensure effective use of technology and/or business process to meet customers’ needs. Allocates resources to accomplish goals and objectives through assigned staff. Establishes and monitors project and task schedules and ensures adherence to work deadlines. Provides leadership, motivation, and direction to staff, builds teamwork, and fosters staff cohesion. Selects, trains, and evaluates staff. Works on multiple, complex projects simultaneously. Participates in long range strategy and planning for department and corporation. Provides business analysis and requirements definitions to senior management.
Management responsibility for all electronic data interchange software development, support and implementation projects, personnel and activities, from planning and design, to implementation of custom software workflows and data interchanges for all healthcare and business trading partners. Coordinates the work of Ecommerce Software Engineers, EDI Developers, and production control operators. Manages the design, specification, implementation and maintenance of internally developed EDI/ECommerce workflows, mappings, applications and solutions, and coordinates the same with JHHC trading partners, fulfilling entities, and electronic interchange business customers.
Additional responsibilities include oversight of, and participation in, change management, technical discussions, documentation reviews, team mentoring and defining overall best practice as related to EDI/ECommerce development and support activities across complex projects with cross functional teams, solution and design review; implementation of software platforms and solutions spanning healthcare operations, finance, care management and other related areas of the company.
A strong working knowledge of electronic interchange standards and formats is strongly desired. (X.12, HL7, etc..)
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in Information Analysis and Delivery as acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Healthcare or Business Management. A Master’s degree is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Work requires extensive knowledge in planning, monitoring, measuring and reporting on Data analysis and delivery projects. Knowledge of managed care operations and medical coding (CPT, ICD9, DME, HCPCS) Demonstrated ability to define data analysis requirements and propose formats and strategies for answering business questions. Knowledge of relational database, SQL and reporting software. Familiar with software development lifecycles.
- Work requires extensive knowledge in planning, monitoring, measuring and reporting on Information Systems projects, evaluating vendor system packages, preparing/utilizing Requests for Proposal, reviewing functional and technical specifications, controlling staff resource allocation, and budgeting resources within various computer systems environments as well as client server environments. Broad knowledge of healthcare service applications, change control management and production/ operations support services required. Demonstrated knowledge of various software applications and hardware platforms. Familiar with operational performance improvement principles.
- Knowledge of software and systems quality assurance methodologies, processes and techniques. Knowledge of project methodologies and project management tools and techniques. Strong knowledge of unit, system, integration, performance and regression testing best practices and methodologies. Knowledge/understanding of software requirements and design in order to plan and schedule test activities; create test cases; and generate test plans, procedures, and reports. Knowledge and experience with relational databases and SQL query language preferred.
- High analytical ability to solve complex business problems. Skilled in directing the work of a diversified staff in requirements definitions and report development. Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate appropriate timeframes for deliverables to customers. Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively with department heads, employees, clients, consultants and JHHC and JHMCIS staff. Effective communication skills for interaction with staff, peers and customers. Experience with data mining tools and software. Prefer SQL, Visual Basic, MS Office and Report Writer experience.
- Work requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience with the specified IT department as well as a minimum of 5 years planning and managing projects and supervising staff.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.