IT Project Administrator
Requisition #: 519123
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 29, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 519123
Location: 5801 Smith Ave., Davis Bldg., Baltimore, MD 21209
Shift: Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt; Pay Grade: 18
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
COORDINATE AND OVERSEE PROJECTS
1. Coordinate or oversee one or more IT related projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to meet the specified requirements to the satisfaction of the customer.
a. Coordinate the people, work and resources involved.
b. Recommend resources necessary to carry out the project.
c. Gather information to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate requirements and tasks.
d. Ensure all requirements and objectives are properly documented at project onset.
e. Identify deviations from the plan.
f. Escalate decisions and unresolved issues.
2. Update project documents and communication plans.
a. Maintain project documents which may include scope documents, project plans, project charters and communication plans, within the established PMO process.
b. Maintain issues list and coordinates the resolution.
c. Effective use of PMO project management system.
COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH ALL PROJECT PARTICIPANTS
3. Understand project interdependencies and shared responsibilities for resource management.
a. Work proactively through facilitation and communication to minimize conflicts.
b. Identify and communicate areas where resource allocation is not aligned with the need.
4. Adapt to issues that have the potential to impact project milestone dates. Be prepared to communicate changes in plans to accommodate.
a. Anticipate political sensitivities and communicate appropriately.
b. Be flexible to accommodate changing climates both within and outside the organization.
5. Communicate project status, issues, budget.
a. Prepare status reports, presentations appropriate for various levels of management and staff.
b. Present coherent reports on project status and budget.
c. Create and distribute meeting documents including agendas, minutes and issue lists.
SCOPE AND BUDGET MANAGEMENT
6. Tracks and reports on budgets associated with projects and participates in the creation of budgets.
a. Tracks project budgets not to exceed bottom line expenditures without variance approval.
b. Reports financial status to appropriate project participants.
7. Participates in the procurement process and identifies potential budget issues.
a. Research pricing and financing options of capital and operating costs.
b. Use a systematic approach to preparing RFPs, comparing options to business needs, researching vendor's stability and references
DEVELOP PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
8. Facilitate project requirements development and tracking.
a. Document and catalog project requirements.
b. Conduct project requirements gathering efforts.
c. Gather end-state goals and objectives
d. Gather and record success criteria for implementation.
9. Participate in data gathering process for overall project justification.
a. Participate in needs analysis.
b. Gather data for budget estimates, scope, resource and implementation time estimates.
c. Ensure that software/hardware solution aligns with business requirements throughout implementation process
10. Assist in prioritization process
a. Assist in preparing business justification for project. Justification should include possible ROI or alignment with businesses strategic initiatives
BS degree preferably in information systems, business administration, management or project management. Work experience may be substituted for degree where appropriate. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Required Experience: Requires 4 years relevant experience. Additional education may be substituted for experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned IT environments. Project Management Certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Effective meeting management, presentation, time management and communication skills.
3. Ability to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate processes to lead people and manage resources to achieve desired result.
4. Goal oriented, pragmatic, self-disciplined.
5. Ability to facilitate meetings.
6. Comfortable interacting effectively with all levels of management.
7. Ability to monitor and evaluate information, and to make necessary adjustments to procedures and program implementation.
8. Awareness of need for timely communication, able to identify potential barriers and strategies, .
9. Ability to synthesize and integrate information.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.