IV Quality/Safety Manager
Requisition #: 533744
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 20, 2022
The Quality/Safety Manager participates in the development and evaluation of performance improvement activities, patient experience, clinical guidelines or standards of care. The Quality/Safety Manager collects, trends and analyzes aggregate data for an identified population of patients to be used in identifying best practices and performance improvement efforts. The Quality/Safety Manager leads, assists, designs, or initiates special projects which are coordinated and directed by the VP or Director of a specific area. The Quality/Safety Manager maintains knowledge of regulatory standards at the expert level (TJC, RSA, Board of Pharmacy, and State Board regulations) and is self-directed and motivated, exhibiting independence in function and judgment. The Quality/Safety Manager supports clinical quality and reimbursement through documentation review, staff education, field supervision and performance improvement activities.
- Bachelor's Degree required with preference given to graduate with project management or performance improvement specialties
- Master's prepared individual or matriculating towards a Master's Degree within first year of employment
- Preference given to graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Pharmacy or Physical Therapy with current licensure in the State of Maryland OR graduate of an accredited School of Engineering with expertise in process improvement industrial redesign
- Minimum of three years of infusion experience greatly preferred.
- Experience in the assigned specialty is preferred.
- Requires experience commensurate with latest regulatory agency requirements.
- Preferred experience in project management or performance improvement.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Health System has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.