Requisition #: 415928
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 3, 2021
The laboratory processor conducts pre analytical processes and a variety of laboratory specimen functions in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. Works with specimens and processes them according to established policies, protocols, and procedures. Understands how to handle different sample types and storage requirements for both in-house and send out testing. Possess strong communication skills, are detail oriented with good organizational skills, and can be relied upon for dependable and consistent work output.
Work Schedule: Day Shift/ 24 hours per week/ Weekend Work Required
Work Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- Preferred: 1 year experience in a laboratory handling and/or processing patient specimens (or) accepted and/or currently enrolled in an accredited MT or MLT program.
- Rigid accuracy in identification & reporting of numbers and names
- Above average manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Ability to enter computer data in Laboratory Information System
- Ability to use automated instruments and mechanical apparatus with appropriate training.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.