LAN Administrator II
Requisition #: 555264
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Bethesda, MD 20814
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 5, 2022
LAN Administrator II
8600 Old Georogetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
Position will provide direct support for both clinical and administrative customers hardware and software, ensuring Hospital IT Operations are not affected.
• Maintaining client endpoints (PC laptops/desktops, Apple laptops/desktops, tablets, mobile devices, and peripherals) located at Suburban Hospital.
• Deliver, move, and install devices and related software including client devices, Web servers, file and application servers, peripherals, operating systems, standard software and vendor software by following documented standards and procedures to provide equipment and service to the customers and to the environment.
• Complete service requests as assigned by meeting published Service Level Agreements and/or agreed to delivery dates to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Provide technical support, training and guidance to the customer base in the use of PCs, software products and device operations by meeting with the customers on a regular basis to give good customer service.
• Provide on-call support to ensure critical IT issues are addressed for continuity of hospital operations.
Required Education: Two years college course work. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Required Experience: Three years related experience. Additional education can be substituted for experience.
Skills: In depth knowledge of Microsoft Products, ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems. Excellent Customer Service.
Knowledge in the assigned IT environments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
4. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
5. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
8. Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
9. Possesses sound documentation skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality
11. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.