Lead Clinical Nurse - Medical Acute Care / Telemetry
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Rotating Shift
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Nelson 6 is a 23-bed medical floor, with capacity for 12 patients in need of cardiac telemetry monitoring. RNs on the unit care for complex medical patients, specializing in pulmonary dysfunction (cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, Flolan management) and transplant (lung, kidney, and liver). There is great teamwork on the unit, and staff enjoy teaching and learning from each other. They also love celebrating events together on and off the unit, such as potlucks, birthdays, and holidays.
The Lead Clinical Nurse provides guidance and direction to staff and acts in the absence of the Assistant Nurse Manager/Nurse Manager to oversee a clinical team during care delivery and unit operations.
Shifts: 12 hour Rotating Shift, 36 hours/week- Full Time.
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per year
- Student Loan Forgiveness- Up to 5,200 per year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting institution
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for up to $2,000 every year through acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions AND an extra bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- BSN/MSN from an accredited nursing program required.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of acute care RN work experience; prefer JHH work experience
- Ability to lead others, assist in development & implementation of procedures for the unit, use principles of conflict resolution, recommend resource utilization, and implement performance management of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of nursing process; social, behavioral, biological, and physical sciences; safety and scientific inquiry process and application to the skill performance; leadership and management as normally acquired through completion of a bachelor’s program in nursing.
Knowledge of current health care environment.
Must be competent in the ability to analyze and interpret physician orders, perform and communicate outcomes of treatment to the health care team members.
Demonstrates organizational skills that allow the individual to map out and provide clinical care within their area of responsibility.
Effective written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality patient care.
Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice and service excellence in practice.
In age-specific populations, must be familiar with particular patient populations to which they are assigned.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
***Effective January 1st 2022, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your new employee pre-boarding. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted for medical reasons and religious beliefs. Requests for medical exceptions must be submitted at your occupational health screening. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.