RN - Lead Clinical Nurse - Medical Acute Care / Telemetry Unit , Nelson 8
Requisition #: 338663
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Management/Leadership
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 8, 2021
Lead Clinical Nurse: Medicine/Telemetry Unit, Nelson 8
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Interested in gaining leadership experience while maintaining your clinical practice? The Nelson 6 team is searching for a compassionate, self-motivated nurse leader interested in joining a team that feels like a family. Nelson 6 is a 23-bed medical floor with capacity for 12 patients in need of cardiac telemetry monitoring. We care for complex medical patients and depend on our teamwork to help us learn and grow from each other. We expect our lead clinical nurses to commit to improving patient health through quality improvement initiatives, mentoring and managing others to promote quality and safety, and by providing evidence-based care. You will have the ability to collaborate with inspirational nursing leadership and assume management functions as identified by the department. Join the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a world renowned, Magnet designated academic medical facility!
This role is ideal for candidates seeking a leadership opportunity in an institution that dedicates themselves to patient safety, clinical excellence, and life-long learning!
Shifts: 12 hour day shifts
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Relocation Assistance (RNs with 1+ years of experience) - Receive monetary assistance if greater than 50 miles away
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per fiscal year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting instutition
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for up to $2,000 every year through acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions AND an extra bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- Simple Tobacco Free Program - By staying tobacco free, you receive $$ in every pay check!
Who Should Apply:
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- Minimum of 3 years of acute care RN work experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.