Lead Systems Engineer
Requisition #: 188304
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 15, 2019
Lead Systems Engineer
Location: Harbor East, 1000 Lancaster Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
Work Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
The Lead Systems Engineer provides technical leadership, project management, and task execution for administration, programming, maintenance, performance, implementation, security and support of various departmental and enterprise wide multiple platforms, including the installation and testing of new software, operating systems, related utilities/services, and hardware products as well as the integration of new products and /or software release upgrades into the current environment. Conducts systems performance evaluations, monitoring, patch management and security evaluations. Analyzes user needs in various computer environments (including but not limited to mainframe, Windows, and mid-range) and makes recommendations for products and services that meet those needs. Ensures that all systems environments are maintained in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Project scope can span an entire department, division, or enterprise-wide level. For enterprise-wide level typical projects impact the broader customer base of Johns Hopkins and its most mission critical systems. This position is a technical leader of a team of Systems Administrators/Engineers. Projects often require interaction with various departments and teams both within and outside the department. Work is complex.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
JHH Equivalency Formula: For jobs where equivalency is permitted, relevant experience may be applied towards the education required for the respective job at a rate of 1 year of education for 2 years of experience.
Required Experience: Six years related experience. Understand HL7 integration. EPIC experience. DICOM workflow. Project management experience helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
- Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
- Possesses sound documentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.