LEAN IT Project Manager
Requisition #: 184751
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 19, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The LEAN IT Project Manager is responsible for managing one or more projects within the constraints of scope quality time and cost to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects Responsible for decisions to effectively manage scope, quality, timeframes and budget of projects. Ability to develop and maintain systems for administrative feedback monitor and evaluate information, and to make necessary adjustments to procedures and program implementation. Ability to organize, create and maintain documents and effectively communicate status of project to all levels of the organization. Develops and maintains Project Documents which may include Scope documents, project plans and communication plans. Must be able to accurately forecasts, plans, prepares and monitors budget for assigned projects.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Systems, Business Administration, Management or project management; Master’s Degree Preferred; Work experience may be substituted for degree where appropriate
· Lean Six Sigma certification
· Thorough knowledge of health care insurance related business operations
· Knowledge and understanding of the interrelationship of business process and Information Systems applications
· Thorough knowledge of the project management lifecycle; Must be knowledgeable with both waterfall and agile project management
· Project Management Certification preferred or previous project management experience
· Demonstrated experience in project management or management as acquired during 5 - 10 years of progressive experience; Project Management or management experience required
· Comfortable with indirect management of individual project teams
· Experience in the preparation of Request for Proposals, participation in cost benefit analysis, vendor selection, contract negotiation and implementation of new software in a cost effective and productive manner
· Demonstrated experience showing ability to be sensitive and adapt to larger political, economic and social environments that surround the project/projects
· Must be able to proactively manage in all directions
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.