Legal Operations Specialist
Requisition #: 533843
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 23, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 493443
Location: 1812 Ashland Avenue, Suite 300, Baltimore, MD 21205
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 4:30pm
Non-Exempt; Pay Grade: NI
Reporting to the Legal Office Manager, the Legal Operations Specialist is responsible for performing various administrative and specialized Practice Group functions that support the attorneys, paralegals and/or compliance personnel of the Legal Services Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all functions.
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, and proofreads various types of legal documents
- Uses established processes to properly route legal documents for required approvals and signatures
- Full legal matter management to include opening, closing, tracking and upkeep of assigned Practice Group’s matters
- Collects, reviews, enters, formats, and maintains accurate data into spreadsheets, Legal Files software system, and/or databases
- Handles critical, time-sensitive, and confidential documents and data with required safeguards
- Interprets and utilizes departmental, hospital, and university polices when completing tasks
- Provides administrative support for EAA (Education Affiliate Agreements)
- Assists with legal operations processes, procedures and workflows as assigned
- Prepares expense reports and books travel
- Manages calendars, schedules individual/group meetings and other events
- Manages special projects, completes reports and compiles data as requested
- May be required to assist other Practice Groups or cover front desk, as directed by manager
- Other duties as assigned
AA Degree or 2 years of college or business school; 4 years of equivalent experience beyond required experience may be substituted for education.
A minimum of four (4) to five (5) years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clear, concise, and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to interact with a variety of professionals and customers
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail in every aspect of work performed
- Flexibility to complete work independently or as part of workgroup
- Driven, self-motivated, and organized; efficiently manages time and workspace to full potential
- Ability to recognize and consider the time and effort of others, as part of the legal department team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and timeliness
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing software
- Maintains professional image of Johns Hopkins through appropriate dress and appearance as well as professional demeanor
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.