LPN-IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
Requisition #: 198181
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Bradenton, FL 34201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 4, 2019
The professional clinical LPN provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based care under the supervision of a registered nurse through a professional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. This position contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate and safe care within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida Board of Nursing and JHACH policy. Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, this role is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high quality of care provided by JHACH.
***Every other weekend required for scheduling***
- Demonstrates age-specific and developmentally appropriate competencies needed to care for pediatric patients (if applicable, the understanding of the physiologic & psychological effects of normal aging by assessing and implementing care to meet the needs for employees in Employee Health)
- Demonstrates ability to administer medications to patients for the safe treatment of our patients
- Participates in care of complex patients and contributes to the ongoing care plan in place so that care is organized and coordinated; provides updates to the providers to ensure continuity of care
- Engages families and staff in the plan of care to cultivate the medical home environment
- Could participate in patient and family education, answering questions regarding follow-up appointments, etc. to ensure family has good understanding of care plan
- Participates in staff and resident education, providing resources and expertise to enhance their learning experience
- Assists during exams, collects and prepares laboratory specimens, performs basic laboratory tests including obtaining blood specimens as required, disposing of contaminated supplies, etc. in order to provide a safe environment for patient
- Updates patient EMR, completes paperwork as required, takes medical history and vital signs, completes initial medication reconciliation and prepares patients for examination to facilitate patient flow in clinic
- Follows organizational policies and procedures that support job responsibilities to work across multiple departments
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.