Maintenance Assistant - Grand Oaks
Requisition #: 518063
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 8, 2022
The Maintenance team member is responsible for performing maintenance duties in the community and around the community grounds as assigned.
Responsible for assisting with maintaining a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the residents, guests, and team members
Location: Washington D.C.
Full Time Day Shift
Hours: 10:00am - 6:30pm
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. Certificate preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
2. Technical school education preferred.
3. One (1) year maintenance experience preferred.
4. Demonstrates a general understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance.
5. Possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, life, and safety regulations.
6. Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
1. Ability to support/assist up to 50 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 150 lbs.
2. Ability to lift/carry up to 40 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 70 lbs. for a distance of 60 yards and height of 3 feet.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.